Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweet Baby Boy

Hi ladies, I have another card and tag combo for you here and this covers three challenges.


Firstly I have followed the sketch from Friday Sketchers Week 53, Challenge 33 on Secret Crafter has a theme of new beginnings and finally Penny Black Week 50 is to use buttons.






For my card I have used blue gingham paper which is a download and the penny black stamp is coloured with distress inks.


I have used my swiss dots folder for the embossing, this is my favourite folder and I use it for so many things, I don't know what I would do with out it!!!


The buttons are from papermania and I have threaded some white satin ribbon through the centre of the largest two for a bit of extra detail.








I have followed the sketch through to the inside of the card and I made the sentiment on my computer using the font lucinda handwriting.


My scalloped circle nesties have made an appearance once again to cut both the image on the front and the sentiment on the inside.






I have only made a matching tag for the card, no envelope, as this is only a stamped image, unfortunately I don't actually own the stamp.


For the tag base I have used the gingham download once again, printed onto cardstock. I have used my swiss dota folder for the embossing and coloured the image to match the card.



Finally, below, I have included a close up image of the front of the card.






Supplies:
Card/Paper: White, blue card, Paper is a download.
Stamp: Penny Black
Colouring: Distrss inks - tattered rose, antique linen, walnut stain, vintage photo, peeled paint, spiced marmalade, dusty concord and broken china.
Embellishments: PM buttons, ribbon, pearls
Tools: Cuttlebug, nesties, swiss dots folder, water brush.


Thanks for looking. x

22 comments:

  1. Wow Liza these are really adorable - gorgeous image and pretty gingham paper and great use of buttons. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liza, Gorgeous card and tag! I love gingham paper for baby cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Liza, your colouring is perfect and I love the image thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Liza,l love the image and colour.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and tag Liza, love the colours

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is so stunning, Liza! I love the colouring, layout, little embellies you've used. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liza, your card is beautiful. I love the sweet image and the fabby papers... Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet Liza, love the image and the gingham papers...just perfick! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet card Liza...love this image...gorgeous papers and your cute buttons......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe this is so sweet, love your image and fab colouring - wonderful detail.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so adorable, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Liza what can I say these are just stunning sweetie
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so sweet, i have not seen this stamp before and i love the way you have coloured it.

    The inside is very pretty as well,

    Enjoyed viewing your blog, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, A friend of mine told me about your blog. Now I am a follower! I love your blog. I just love this little hedgehog in the hammock! Oh..the life!!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so stunning. I love how his little spikes go through the hammock. Great Job Liza. I nominated you for an inspirational award. Stop by my blog to see your award.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Liza these are adorable, love the pretty buttons and cute image ~ gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Liza! Your coloring is awesome and I love that gingham paper!
    take care
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is such a beautiful card love the scallopped circles x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet Liza, and a great insert. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Liza,
    just gorgeous hun love that so sweet image...

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x