Thursday, February 19, 2009

Penny Black Week 36

I managed to make a card for this week's Penny Black Challenge which was to use a sketch that was done by Natalie.

I have some penny black cat stamped images that are very neglected so I decided to use one for this card..... and very cute he is too!!... or perhaps it should be a she beacuse of all the pink??!!

I found a very useful tip on Inspirational about continuous embossing and I used this technique on my background card using my swiss dots embossing folder.

The papers are floral doodle, which are something else I haven't used for ages either! I punched the flowers with my retro flower punch and I ran them through the cuttleug too.

Supplies:
Paper/card: White, black and Pink card, Floral Doodle
Stamp: Penny Black
Colouring: Distress inks - weathered wood, tattered rose and black soot.
Embellishments: American crafts ribbon, jewels
Tools: Cuttlebug, swiss dots embossing folder, retro flower punch
Thanks for looking x

9 comments:

  1. Wow dear I love these rich colours toghether and that great image. Just a stunning creation. Thanks for joining us this week
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous...love the colour you have used cant beat a bit of pink...gorgeous image too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Liza! Love the black and pink

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous love the pink and black and the image is fab :)
    Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute & what a fabulous layout - I love this card Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Liza...love the colour combo and your super cute kitty......great take on the sketch and thanks for joining in the fun at PBSC this week
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Liza - love the cute image and ll the funky pink, plus great job with the continuous embossing. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fab! I love the funky colour scheme and the embossing sets it all off! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Liza, love your liddle puddy cat and dp´s with the bugging. -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x