Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge 14 & Sketch 1

The Whiff of Joy Challenge 14 is a colour challenge and you have to use the colours purple and green. Fabby colour combo as I love using the colour purple!!! I have used a stamped image of Willow with Umbrella and I have coloured her using distress inks. I managed to get my paper trimmer sorted out and I have used the victorian blade to cut the card and paper for the middle section and the inside (although it doesn't show up too well!).
I have used my stylized flowers embossing folder to emboss some metalic silver card and I just love the effect. I have also used the same card with a die to cut the stars, the two smaller ones are on the front and the two larger ones inside.
Finally, I decided to have a bit of a play around in photoshop and I made this sketch to base my card on. Please feel free to use it if you wish.
Supplies:
Card/Paper: Cream, green and metallic silver card, DCWV pocket full of posies paper
Stamp: WOJ - Willow with Umbrella stamped image
Colouring: Distress inks - dusty concord, tattered rose, weathered wood, broken china and vintage photo. Green whispers pen.
Embossing: Stylized flowers embossing folder
Embellishments: Jewels
Tools: Cuttlebug, victorian blade, sponge, water brush, star cutting die
Thanks for looking x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card & luvly colouring :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, love your coloring!! It's really wonderful, and the card was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card AND your sketch. I have had a go at your sketch. you can see it at http://challengeaddict.blogspot.com/2009/01/lisa-at-pink-candy-stripes.html

    Hope you do another sketch soon

    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Your image is coloured to perfection.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I'm glad you did, as I have know found you, your work is beautiful!

    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card Liza and fabby sketch:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a fabulous card Liza, great papers and i like the embossed panels that you have done...thank you for joining us over at woj. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Liza, fab image and I love the pretty papers you have combined. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waw gorgeous card, love the colours and the image! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous dear. Thanks for joining us this week at WOJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, the image and sketch are gorgeous :-) love the flowery paper too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, they are all really appreciated.

Liza x